Monday, May 17, 2010

Recent personal discovery

I recently had a personal discovery. Maybe a little tender mercy sent my way. I know it seems simple but it was quite a pause-and-ponder the impact it has on our family peace and happiness.

My personal level of patience either increases or disperses the contention in our home. Even though the other members of our family may be upset or over-the-top, my approach of the situation with patience or lack thereof determines the outcome. Everyone still has their agency how to react and must take responsibility of their own actions but I must recognize my important role as the mother.

Unfortunately, I have not always known that. Unfortunately due to my PCOS (fluctuations of hormones and pain), I have not, and currently do not, always have control of my level emotions and patience. I am trying harder to recognize the times and triggers of my emotional outbursts. I have not appreciated that Duncan has forced me to focus on this recognition but has been good for me. Thanks to my new endocrinologist who has prescribed medicines to level my hormones as close to "normal" as possible. I wish I could turn back time with the knowledge I have now about PCOS and change things. I don't guarantee I will conquer this but, at least, I am trying harder.

3 comments:

  1. I think being patient is one of the hardest challenges us mothers face. You are a wonderful mom and woman! I have always been impressed at your ability to stay positive and put together despite the health concerns that are always there to challenge you. You really do make PCOS look easy to deal with. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most every mother would like to lift some of the burdens their children carry. As least this mother does. If it were only possible! I've watched your struggles through the years and yearned for the day when some kind of medical miracle would come forth. Just know that I admire your tenacity and strength and love you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a mother is I believe one of the hardest things I have to learn and I am still learning to do. I am in no way perfect. I admire your ability to try and conquer PCOS. I know with Brittany having it, she has had to learn that she must control her actions as well.

    I know and believe that you have done a wonderful job in raising your children. I wish I had a magic wand and could take away the Pain you feel on a daily basis and could help Brittany as well.

    Like I said on facebook a mothers job is never done. I believe the older that my children get the harder it has been to raise them. Not sure why that is. I thought it would get easier as time went on. I sometimes wish I could go back to the baby faze at least they could not take back to me. LOL.

    Thanks for being a good example to me. Even though I have not been the person that you have always liked.

    ReplyDelete

Kind Comments