Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fried Donuts

I had a scary moment on Tuesday night while John and Duncan were ice skating for their mutual activity. I was reading my facebook when the dog, Donuts, started screaming. I looked over and he had an electrical cord wrapped around his neck so I quickly untangle him. But he kept screaming because he had the cord in his mouth. I yanked it out and got a tinge of an electrical shock but he had got quite a jolt because he is so little. Then the dog ran away. He continued to yelp pathetically for a while and then looked at me like I had hurt him. I was shaken up too.

After quickly saving Donuts, I realized I had made a serious mistake. I could have been hurt too. I could have been electrocuted with no one around to save me. I should have unplugged the cord before grabbing him. I thought he was choking because the cord was wrapped around his neck but I didn't notice the cord in his mouth. I'll try to learn from this.

It took him until this afternoon to "forgive" me of this scary experience.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of Scissors and his chewing every electrical cord he could find! I'm surprised he's still alive! Glad you're okay!

    ReplyDelete

Kind Comments