WOW!
We ordered a produce basket from Bountiful Baskets http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/ and picked it up at Grantsville High School. I have been looking at this opportunity for about the last year but have never felt it was worth traveling more than 10 miles to get it. So when the Grantsville site popped up this past week, I jumped on it. It is available in WA, OR, CA, ID, NV, UT, and AZ.
Unfortunately, this is not a picture of our basket but it was just as great. For $15, we got:
2 coconuts
2 broccoli bunches (frozen for future use)
2 very large celery bunches (chopped and frozen for future use)
bag of red grapes (quickly eaten)
1 lb. green beans (cooked and eaten for Sunday dinner)
15 large apricots (made apricot freezer jam)
5 tomatoes (along with the 20#, made fresh salsa, froze)
12 red potatoes (cooked and eaten for Sunday dinner)
1 cantaloupe (eaten for Sunday snack)
10 plantains
8 apples
1 head Romaine lettuce (eaten as salad)
For another $7.50, we got 20 pounds of tomatoes. That works out to 37.5 cents a pound. What a screaming deal!
Yum! Sounds good. I would LOVE to do something like that, I'll have to look into it further. -- Marcie
ReplyDelete