

In an attempt to repay some of the tender mercies the Johnson family gave us with Marcie's pregnancy with Emry and her lifetime (along with all of my other challenges I have experiences while being in the RS presidency), I made this dress and hat for Abby who is about the same age as Melanie. It was Abby's birthday on February 28 so I made it her favorite color - all purple! She LOVED it. She wore it Sunday to church and refused to take it off for the remainder of the day until after her birthday party and bedtime.
There is a little bit of history into the ALL PURPLE dress. I actually completed a similar dress but pink and brown for Easter (for the same purpose as previously stated). At our Relief Society activity on March 3, Abby was wearing her pink and brown coat so I asked her if liked pink and brown.
She emphatically stated, "NO. I like purple."
So I responded, "Yes. But pink and brown are pretty too."
"No," she said, "Only purple."
I told her I had made a pink and brown dress for her for Easter.
So I said, "I guess I'll have to make another one. Do you want to have pink and purple?"
"No, ALL purple."
So as you can see it is ALL purple.
After talking with Marcie about it, she said Melanie's favorite color is purple so I'm making a matching ALL purple dress for Melanie too. How many dresses should our little Melanie have? I made two for her birthday, two for Christmas, and now three for Easter. More important, I will have to get matching shoes for her ALL purple dress. Melanie cannot have too many shoes!
Bonnie,
ReplyDeleteThis little dress was amazing. When I showed up to Abby's party and she came swinging out in it, I was in awe! When I asked her where she got it she immediately replied, "Bonnie MADE it for me!" Again, I was in awe. The hat was especially amazing!
I admire how wisely you use your time. Your hands are never still no matter where you are. You have blessed so many lives with your talent!
And no ... a girl can never have to many shoes!
Love, Krista
Awe, it turned out so cute!
ReplyDelete