The dreaded "eyebrows" are off, the dangly gable thingy is gone and the new paint is starting to emerge. John is still working on the trim around all the windows and door. He will be stuccoing the bottom half soon. Then the painting will resume in earnest. We are debating whether to paint the stucco bottom green like the trim or beige like the rest of the house.
I love the light beige color with dark olive green for the trim. The door was originally brown tones so I got some purple plum and didn't like it so I got a burnt auburn. When the sun is setting, it turns looks copper. I love it.
Progress is being made and it looks like our Elmo house will finally leave the ugly old dingy 70s and arrive in the new century.



So much more work to be done. More updates to come.

I love when you get the chance to turn your vision into reality. I think your home by the time your done is going to be such a mater piece. It's truly a lot funner when you can do what you want how you want and when you want to your own home. Just being at your home for just a short time was very fun and interesting. The outside looks so much better. I can't wait to see all the things you change. It truly is exciting when you get to decorate your home the way you want inside and out. Love it.
ReplyDelete