Yesterday after serving for 2 years and 3 months, we were released as a Relief Society Presidency. It was a sad day. If anyone had told me 4 or 5 years ago that I would love Relief Society with all my heart, I would question their sanity but here I am saying that very thing. The 7th Ward sisters taught me through their service, love, words, and charity that the Relief Society motto is alive and well.
I learned to love our president, Shelly Johnson. She is so patient and calm regardless of what is going on around her. She is quietly strong and abundantly loving. She taught me each and every day about our Savior's love and mission. Never would I have known that she understood every challenge I was faced with over the last two years. She had the answers I needed to give me peace and comfort.I learned to love the other counselor, NanC Smith. Oh, the wisdom and unconditional love she has. She is a rock and the most loving mother - though she has no children. I am grateful for all the insight and leadership she taught me.
I learned to love our secretary, Lynette Richeson. She didn't know what to expect with this presidency but she was strengthened. I love her innocence of the gospel - just simplify it. She has a teenage son so she had answers and support when I needed it.
These sisters served and magnified their callings. Oh how I'm going to miss our weekly presidency meetings - the laughter, the tears, the love, the friendship, the sincere concern for each other and our sisters, the prayers, the decisions.

I learned to love visiting teaching and how vital it is in the church's role in members lives and it's leadership. If visiting teaching is going well, the sisters are doing well. If the sisters are not getting visited and the teachers are not unconditionally loving their sisters, things don't go well.
Love and service is the key to coming unto Christ!
Personal challenges during this calling
It was through my personal/family challenges that I relied on the Relief Society from which I learned and grew to love the sisterhood.
*Two weeks after being called, my mother-in-law attempted suicide in our home after living with us for nine months. Shelly knew exactly how it felt from personal experiences with family members and said just the right things. NanC and Lynette shared their support and love.
*Six months into the calling, Marcie called to inform us of her and Emry's challenges. Shelly opened her heart and home to Melanie and loved her unconditionally. That gave us great strength through some tough days. The love and service rendered when Emry was born and then after her death. Eternal gratitude and service is just not enough to pay it all back.
*Sixteen months, Duncan disappeared overnight and drove to Enterprise. What a dark night! Lynette come to my home when I was all alone when everyone else was searching for him. She does not know how much I needed that right then.
Now that we have been released our personal/family major trials are over, right?! (hee, hee, hee)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Kind Comments