Sunday, May 10, 2015

Fun 2015 Mother's Day weekend

Fun, fun, fun Mother's Day weekend. 

John was charmed by Marcie to travel over to Baggs and visit since she needed to be there if her sister-in-law, Robyn​, went into labor. So around Friday noon, he announced we were leaving. Yikes, I couldn't find a substitute that quickly for my Primary class so I had to pray it would work out.

We arrived late and visited for a couple hours and finally went to bed around 1:00 am

Saturday, Marcie went to a nutrition class at the rec center. I, of course, crocheted the whole time while Marcie took notes.


Then we traveled to Craig to shop for Mother Day gifts and Marcie's birthday presents. Grandpa and I stayed in the car a lot entertaining the children......silly silly silly. It was lots of fun.

We went to a craft fair too. Grandma bought the girls some pretty magnets, treat (ice cream and cotton candy). Autumn insisted there were balloons for sale. I had to tell her that there were none. She was patient and listened to my instructions about only getting a treat. Oh boy......she has eagle eyes. As we left the craft fair, she pointed to the dollar store balloons displayed in the window. I had to give in. They proved to be a ton of fun!!!

Watched Frozen for the first time with my little granddaughters on Saturday night. Oh my goodness.....what a super fun night!! If you ever want a singing dancing fun time, watch Frozen with Autumn. Prior to starting the show, she tried on her birthday dress and she would NOT take it off. She said it was her "snow" dress. 


Corbin squealed with joy all night as he was running around with the balloons for Mother's day.


Then on Sunday, Marcie and Ben spoke in church. Marcie gave a beautiful tribute to mothers - to woman of influence in her life. Of course, I cried. It was truly beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind Comments