I was promised on a snowy March 5, 1980 "unto you will born children that you might teach and rear up that they might come forth and call you blessed because you will be their mother".
You could say we have had some pretty rough years wondering if this really would come to pass. But a promise from the Lord is a promise that will be kept.
John and I received a text from Duncan this afternoon:
"Dear Mom and Dad, I just wanted to let you guys know how much I love you both. I know that sometimes I'm a flat out **it head to deal with and I don't tell or show you guys enough how much I really do appreciate everything you both do for me. Sometimes I just want to come home and go back to seeing you guys every day and not having to worry about everything. Some days I use every ounce of pride and strength I have to not drive home and just stay there! But we all know I can't do that! Any way I just wanted to tell you both how much I love and appreciate you!!"
I haven't been the best mom but I have tried my hardest. I have learned a lot along the way that I hope makes me a better person. At the darkest hours, my prayers were heard. Heavenly Father always listened and continues to listen. He gave me the strength to carry on and provided little reminders, angels, glimpses to gain hope.
Without knowing of the circumstances, our little Melanie would call me every single day while Duncan was in DT. She was close enough to the spirit to know that I needed some rays of sunshine during those difficult days.
Is life easy? Nope. Is it going to be a bed of roses from this day forth? Nope. But I KNOW THAT MY HEAVENLY FATHER LOVES ME and when He makes a promise, He keeps it - always!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Kind Comments