Saturday, November 8, 2014

Grandma's 2014 birthday party



Grandma's birthday party!
For my birthday, Marcie suggested we go to Baggs to visit (and help with the house). The weather was good so we made a quick less-than-24-hours trip. What a fun time!


While Grandpa helped Marcie and Ben work on the new house right next door, Grandma was in charge of having fun with the kids. Couldn't think of a better birthday gift than spending time with these three adorable little ones. And thanks to my new Xyngular health supplements I am able to keep up with them, feel better AND truly be happy. 
Matching my princesses



As a gift, they gave me a lap quilt made from minky fabric. I LOVE IT.  


Melanie's pillowcase love gift
I have it on my bed so each night as I sleep I lay my head on the precious pillowcase Melanie made me and the minky quilt over the top to ensure that I am wrapped in the love of my family. 

Melanie, Autumn and I made my birthday cake. 

My big helpers and future cake decorators
We found a yellow cake mix but we wanted to make it a little bit more special so we made it a pumpkin pie cake. We had fun looking for spices and deciding which ones would make it taste like pumpkin pie. Autumn was really good and smelling the spices and saying yes or no.  Melanie and I made homemade frosting and then we all decorated. The girls wanted lots of different colors and then they squeezed their colors all over the cake. It was a complete blast. I splattered frosting all over Melanie and we laughed and laughed and laughed. Such fun times! Shhhhh that's our secret. Of course, we quickly cleaned it up before mom (Marcie) came back home.


One of the most memorable moments was when I finally broke down and taught Melanie how to crochet. That was BIG DEAL. I have been waiting for years and she has been impatiently waiting for years too and the big day arrived. What a precious gift for my birthday! 


Corbin was so happy to play with me. He has finally decided he loves me. I knew I could convince him sooner than later.
Corbin is happy too

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind Comments