Sunday, May 11, 2014

What is a mother?

What is a mother? 

It doesn't require giving birth. There are many women I know that have not given birth but are wonderful mothers to their children and other children. There are women that have a significant impact on children who are not related at all. 

So a mother must be someone who gives their whole heart and soul in unconditional love towards children. I am grateful to have been taught this through the trials of infertility, pure examples of motherhood by many women in my life, my children and a patient husband. Numberless tears have been shed over the years for, and about, children. 

For all the unmarried women out there, thanks for being a great example for me and my family. 

For all the childless couples out there, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your patience, unconditional love and faith in a perfect plan. 

For all the mothers struggling to understand the trials we traverse, thanks for your hope in the future. 

For all the innocent mothers who judge other mothers harshly, be patient with us. We are trying. 

To my mother, I love you beyond measure. 

To my children, I have loved being your mother always through thick and thin. It has been the most joyful and challenging thing I have ever done. 

To my grandchildren, you make my life complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind Comments